DB Browser for SQLite
DB Browser for SQLite is a high quality, visual, open source tool to create, design, and edit database files compatible
with SQLite. It can be downloaded from
It uses a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, and you don't need to learn complicated SQL commands.
Some of the controls and wizards that are available for you to:
Create database files
- Create, define, modify and delete tables
- Create, define and delete indexes
- Browse, edit, add and delete records
- Import and export tables from/to CSV files
- Import and export databases from/to SQL dump files
Here's what it looks like when defining the table Members of GuitarClub.db:
Note: for SQLite, the field type VARCHAR(n) means the same as the type TEXT.
Numeric arguments in parentheses that follow the type name are ignored by SQLite. I.e., the (20) in VARCHAR(20) is purely "documentation" for us, and Lazarus does use that length to fill in the field-data and the columns of a TDBGrid.